The Black Ice Series embodies Artistry. Each instrument is unique. The soundboard on each guitar is meticulously crafted to achieve an aesthetically pleasing appearance without overbuilding it. Each soundboard is individually conceived so every guitar is unique. Unique in design and unique in tone.
How do you describe RainSong’s JM? Three words: loud, loud, and loud. And if that’s not enough, it’s also loud. This is the largest body RainSong builds. The sheer size, combined with the attributes of Projection Tuned Layering™ make the JM one of the loudest acoustic guitars on the planet. This guitar is loud. We had to say it again. But the JM is not just about power. The narrow waist and some layering refinements specific to the Jumbo soundboard give the JM some real fingerstyle grace. The guitar is strong, but impeccably balanced, with bass, mids and trebles distinct, clear and, dare we say it again, loud.
- Soundboard All-graphite “Black Ice” soundboard crafted using RainSong’sProjection Tuned Layering™ technique. No soundboard braces. Abalone rosette.
- Body All-graphite body. No body braces.
- Neck All-graphite N2 neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong’s Performance Shape Casting™ as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod. Custom shark inlays.
- Accessories Tusq™ Nut, saddle and bridgepins.
- Case Customized hardshell case.
- Finish UV protective, high-gloss, clear urethane.
- Depth at end-pin: 5 inches
- Lower bout: 17 inches
- Body Length: 21 inches
- Neck width at nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale length: 25.4 inches
- Tuning machines: Chrome plated Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
- Electronics: Fishman Prefix+T / LR Baggs Stagepro Element