Here at Guitar Hangar, we love Rainsong guitars. Their hybrid carbon fiber and glass fiber bodies resist temperature and humidity swings, so they don’t need to be adjusted every time the wind blows or the temperature changes. As one of our customers likes to say, “you could paddle a canoe down a river with a Rainsong and then play a show with it later that night” (although we don’t recommend it).
Rainsong guitars are the perfect for players that want a premium-quality guitar that sounds AMAZING, yet doesn’t need a lot of maintenance and care. They’re also great for performers or players on the road, because the hybrid material resists damage. If you own a Rainsong, you can travel anywhere and rest assured that you’re not going to open the case at a gig and find a big split or crack down the middle of the guitar… because carbon fiber doesn’t crack!
About the BI-OM1000N2 Black Ice
The RainSong Orchestra Model is the most refined of all RainSong shapes. It is our most comfortable and intimate guitar, with an immediacy of presence that makes it a favorite with the coffee house crowd. The treble, already a breathtaking attribute of RainSongs, and the carbon sound are simply sublime in this little guitar. A crystal bell clarity, balance, superb separation of individual notes, and an expansive dynamic range make the OM one of our most individually expressive guitars. Because of Projection Tuned Layering™, the OM is capable of strong projection. It won’t rattle windows like the Jumbo or the Dreadnought, but the OM, when driven, packs a lot of power and punch for a small bodied guitar.
About the N2 Neck
The N2 neck is a result of an extensive, long-term collaboration with the renowned artist Steve Miller and Master Luthier John Bolin. The neck design is based on a modified “U” profile that has been popular in guitars since the 1950s. The N2 has a substantial feel that is ergonomically sound and results in better transfer of string vibration energy to the soundboard. The N2 features a truss rod that is accessible from the head stock. Graphite does not warp or bow with changes in humidity and temperature. The purpose of a truss rod in the N2 is to allow customization of the relief to suit individual preferences.
About the Fishman Prefix System
The Fishman pickup system that’s installed in Rainsong guitars plays nicely with the carbon fiber design, so your guitar sounds amazing whether it’s played acoustically or plugged into an amp or PA system. The robust low end and sparkling highs blend smoothly with the beefy midrange to provide one of the most full-bodied acoustic tones we’ve ever heard. And with the EQ and dynamics controls that the Fishman system supplies, you’ll never be stuck with a tone you don’t like.
- Soundboard: All-graphite “Black Ice” soundboard crafted using RainSong’sProjection Tuned Layering™ technique. No soundboard braces. Abalone rosette.
- Body: All-graphite body. No body braces.
- Neck: All-graphite N2 neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong’s Performance Shape Casting™ as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod. Custom shark inlays.
- Accessories: Tusq™ Nut, saddle and bridgepins.
- Case: Customized hardshell case.
- Finish: UV protective, high-gloss, clear urethane.
- Depth at end-pin: 4.1 inches
- Lower bout: 15.3 inches
- Body Length: 19.5 inches
- Neck width at nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale length: 25.4 inches
- Tuning machines: Chrome plated Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
- Electronics: Fishman Prefix+T / LR Baggs Stagepro Element