Here at Guitar Hangar, we love Rainsong guitars. Their hybrid carbon fiber and glass fiber bodies resist temperature and humidity swings, so they don’t need to be adjusted every time the wind blows or the temperature changes. As one of our customers likes to say, “you could paddle a canoe down a river with a Rainsong and then play a show with it later that night” (although we don’t recommend it). Rainsong guitars are the perfect for players that want a premium-quality guitar that sounds AMAZING, yet doesn’t need a lot of maintenance and care. They’re also great for performers or players on the road, because the hybrid material resists damage. If you own a Rainsong, you can travel anywhere and rest assured that you’re not going to open the case at a gig and find a big split or crack down the middle of the guitar… because carbon fiber doesn’t crack!
About the N2 Neck: The N2 neck is a result of an extensive, long-term collaboration with the renowned artist Steve Miller and Master Luthier John Bolin. The neck design is based on a modified “U” profile that has been popular in guitars since the 1950s. The N2 has a substantial feel that is ergonomically sound and results in better transfer of string vibration energy to the soundboard. The N2 features a truss rod that is accessible from the head stock. Graphite does not warp or bow with changes in humidity and temperature. The purpose of a truss rod in the N2 is to allow customization of the relief to suit individual preferences.
About the Fishman Prefix System: The Fishman pickup system that’s installed in Rainsong guitars plays nicely with the carbon fiber design, so your guitar sounds amazing whether it’s played acoustically or plugged into an amp or PA system. The robust low end and sparkling highs blend smoothly with the beefy midrange to provide one of the most full-bodied acoustic tones we’ve ever heard. And with the EQ and dynamics controls that the Fishman system supplies, you’ll never be stuck with a tone you don’t like.
- Soundboard: All-graphite soundboard crafted using RainSong’s Projection Tuned Layering™ technique. No soundboard braces. Abalone rosette.
- Body: All-graphite body. No body braces.
- Neck: All-graphite neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong’s Performance Shape Casting™ as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod. Custom shark inlays.
- Tusq™ Nut, saddle and bridgepins.
- Case Customized hardshell case.
- Finish UV protective, high-gloss, clear urethane.
- Depth at end-pin: 5 inches
- Lower bout: 17 inches
- Body Length: 21 inches
- Neck width at nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale length: 25.4 inches
- Tuning machines: Chrome plated Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
- Electronics: Fishman Prefix+T / LR Baggs Stagepro Element
Note: Here at Guitar Hangar, we don’t use stock photos! We photograph each individual guitar right here in the shop, so the guitar you see is the guitar you get. High-gloss finish guitars may show some reflections, so please keep this in mind when viewing the photos.