Here at Guitar Hangar, we love Rainsong guitars. Their hybrid carbon fiber and glass fiber bodies resist temperature and humidity swings, so they don’t need to be adjusted every time the wind blows or the temperature changes. As one of our customers likes to say, “you could paddle a canoe down a river with a Rainsong and then play a show with it later that night” (although we don’t recommend it). Rainsong guitars are the perfect for players that want a premium-quality guitar that sounds AMAZING, yet doesn’t need a lot of maintenance and care. They’re also great for performers or players on the road, because the hybrid material resists damage. If you own a Rainsong, you can travel anywhere and rest assured that you’re not going to open the case at a gig and find a big split or crack down the middle of the guitar… because carbon fiber doesn’t crack!
About the CO-WS1005NSM
Unidirectional Carbon mimics the tight grain of a fine spruce. These soundboards are the lightest built by RainSong – which explains their responsiveness and warm tone. The neck of the CO-WS1005NSM joins the body at the 12th fret rather than the 14th fret. This moves the bridge back on the soundboard towards the center of the lower bout resulting in improved sonic energy transmission from the strings to the soundboard and enhanced bass response. The soundhole of the CO-WS1005NSM is located on the player’s side of the upper bout. The proximity to the player’s ear produces a sense of increased volume. The reduced size of the soundhole combined with the uninterrupted larger vibrating surface of the soundboard accentuates the highs and the lows relative to the mids. Rainsong guitars are the pinnacle of years of research and innovation in guitar building technology. The tone, the feel, the resilience of these guitars is certain to blow you away. Don’t delay! Pick up a Rainsong today, and let’s make some music.Features
- Soundboard: All-graphite Unidirectional Carbon soundboard crafted using RainSong’s Projection Tuned Layering technique. No soundboard braces. Abalone rosette.
- Body: All-graphite body. No body braces.
- Neck: All-graphite NS neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong’s Performance Shape Casting as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod. Custom shark inlays.
- Accessories: Tusq Nut, saddle and bridgepins.
- Case: Customized hardshell case.
- Finish: UV protective, high-gloss, urethane in marine burst color
- Depth at end-pin: 5 inches
- Lower bout: 15.8 inches
- Body Length: 19.5 inches
- Neck width at nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale length: 24.9 inches
- Tuning machines: Chrome plated Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
- Electronics: LR Baggs Stagepro system
Note: Here at Guitar Hangar, we don’t use stock photos! We photograph each individual guitar right here in the shop, so the guitar you see is the guitar you get. High-gloss finish guitars may show some reflections, so please keep this in mind when viewing the photos.