Here at Guitar Hangar, we love Rainsong guitars. Their hybrid carbon fiber and glass fiber bodies resist temperature and humidity swings, so they don’t need to be adjusted every time the wind blows or the temperature changes. As one of our customers likes to say, “you could paddle a canoe down a river with a Rainsong and then play a show with it later that night” (although we don’t recommend it).
Rainsong guitars are the perfect for players that want a premium-quality guitar that sounds AMAZING, yet doesn’t need a lot of maintenance and care. They’re also great for performers or players on the road, because the hybrid material resists damage. If you own a Rainsong, you can travel anywhere and rest assured that you’re not going to open the case at a gig and find a big split or crack down the middle of the guitar… because carbon fiber doesn’t crack!
The Rainsong Concert Hybrid Series
The Concert Hybrid series is the best of all worlds. Designed with the performing artist in mind, the Concert Hybrid series harmoniously blends the best features from all the various Rainsong lines.
The Rainsong Concert Hybrid series features the warm and responsive unidirectional Carbon soundboard from the Concert Series, the mellow Carbon/Glass body construction from the Hybrid Series, and Rainsong’s intimate short-scale 12-fret neck featured on the Shorty. The stunning high-gloss finish on the soundboard is complemented by a visually pleasing satin body and the comfortable playability of a satin neck. Blacked-out appointments give the Concert Hybrid series instruments an understated yet distinctly suave appearance.
The Rainsong CH-OM1000
The OM1000 is Rainsong’s most refined body shape. Here, the OM body gets the Hybrid upgrade, combining the OM’s unidirectional soundboard with hybrid body construction and a short scale 12-fret neck — the perfect combination for an intimate instrument with a warm tone and surprising punch.
The CH-OM1000 isn’t just for smaller players. The refined body shape combined with the unidirectional soundboard gives the CH-OM1000 an articulate tone that is perfect for soloists and fingerstylists.
There are numerous versions of the CH-OM1000 available (listed below). What you see here is the Rainsong CH-OM1000NS, which includes L.R. Baggs Stage Pro Element electronics and a hardshell case.
- Soundboard: All-Carbon Fiber Unidirectional Carbon soundboard crafted using Projection Tuned Layering technique. No soundboard braces. Pinstripe rosette
- Body: Carbon/Glass hybrid body. No body braces.
- Neck: 12-fret all-Carbon Fiber neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSongs Performance Shape Casting as a single piece. Adjustable truss rod.
- Accessories: Black Tusq&trade Nut, saddle and bridge pins
- Case: Customized hardshell case
- Finish: UV protective, clear urethane. High gloss on soundboard, satin on back/sides/neck.
- Depth at end-pin: 4.125 inches
- Lower bout: 15.25 inches
- Body Length: 19.5 inches
- Neck width at nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale length: 24.875 inches
- Tuning machines: Black Gotoh with 1:18 gear ratio
- Overall Length: 38.5 inches