The D Aquisto DQ Jazz boasts a classic jazz look and bright sound with a 1-piece maple neck, adjustable bridge, 22-fret ebony fingerboard with ivory binding and pearl inlays and Gotoh gold plated tuning machine heads. There is a single neck position humbucking pickup with volume and tone control. Figured flame maple top, figured maple back and sides, all ebony fittings, finished in a dark red sunburst. Made in Japan by Aria.
The D’Aquisto Jazz Line (DQ-JL) was co-designed by Jimmy D’Aquisto and jazz legend Jim Hall. The body is constructed of book matched tiger flame arched maple, specifically crafted to optimize amplified tone while suppressing feedback. The JL also retains the “Chippendale” headstock with pearl scroll inlay, along with the effortless shallow D neck profile, with smooth low action. Those who prefer position markers in the fingerboard will appreciate the pearl block inlays in the solid ebony board, and the slim 2 1/2 ” body depth is particularly comfy under the arm. Tone is warm and buttery. Frets in excellent shape. Plush lined original D’Aquisto hardcase with case candy included.
- Body: 16 inch lower bout, with Ivory multiple binding
- Top: Laminated Flamed Maple, pressed arch
- Back: Laminated Flamed Maple, pressed arch
- Neck: Maple 1 piece
- Fingerboard: Ebony with Ivory binding
- Number of Frets: 22
- Scale Length: 24-3/4 inches
- Pickups: 1 x Original Covered humbucker
- Controls: 1 x Volume, 1 x Tone
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle: Ebony, height adjustable
- Pickguard: Ebony
- Tailpiece: Ebony
- Machine heads: Gotoh with Ebony Keys
- Original Case Included
There are no reviews yet.