The Billy-Bo Jupiter is a modern version of the Jupiter Thunderbird designed in 1959 by Bo Diddley himself. Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top was gifted an original one by Bo Diddley, but added some of his own mojo to this new version that he created as his touring axe. The Billy-Bo features a heavily chambered mahogany body, one-piece mahogany neck, ultra-thin laminate maple top, TV Jones Power’Tron (neck) and Power’Tron “Plus” (bridge) pickups and pinned Adjusto-matic bridge.
This guitar was owned by a collector and remains in unplayed condition! Includes the original hard shell case.
- Bo Diddley designed in ’59
- Modified by Billy F Gibbons
- Heavily chambered mahogany body
- One-piece mahogany neck
- Ultra-thin laminate maple top
- TV Jones Power’Tron (neck) and Power’Tron “Plus” (bridge) pickups
- Pinned Adjusto-matic bridge
- Includes case