The Black Ice Series embodies Artistry. Each instrument is unique. The soundboard on each guitar is meticulously crafted to achieve an aesthetically pleasing appearance without overbuilding it. Each soundboard is individually conceived so every guitar is unique. Unique in design and unique in tone.
The RainSong Orchestra Model is the most refined of all RainSong shapes. It is our most comfortable and intimate guitar, with an immediacy of presence that makes it a favorite with the coffee house crowd. The treble, already a breathtaking attribute of RainSongs, and the carbon sound are simply sublime in this little guitar. A crystal bell clarity, balance, superb separation of individual notes, and an expansive dynamic range make the OM one of our most individually expressive guitars. Because of Projection Tuned Layering™, the OM is capable of strong projection. It won’t rattle windows like the Jumbo or the Dreadnought, but the OM, when driven, packs a lot of power and punch for a small bodied guitar.
- Soundboard All-graphite “Black Ice” soundboard crafted using RainSong’sProjection Tuned Layering™ technique.
- No soundboard braces
- Abalone rosette.
- Body All-graphite body. No body braces.
- Neck All-graphite N2 neck and composite fingerboard fabricated using RainSong’s Performance Shape Casting™ as a single piece.
- Adjustable truss rod
- Custom shark inlays.
- Accessories Tusq™ Nut, saddle and bridgepins.
- Case Customized hardshell case.
- Finish UV protective, high-gloss, clear urethane.
- Depth at end-pin: 4.1 inches
- Lower bout: 15.3 inches
- Body Length: 19.5 inches
- Neck width at nut: 1.75 inches
- Scale length: 25.4 inches
- Tuning machines: Chrome plated Gotohs with 1:18 gear ratio
- Electronics: Fishman Prefix+T / LR Baggs Stagepro Element